Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sweet Stamps sketch challenge

I took some artistic liberty with this sketch because I couldn't bear to completely cover this gorgeous paper by Prima. The sketch is for Sweet Stamps blog and I used Stacey's  pretty stamp embossed in white on rainbow vellum which she does sell also. I colored carefully with copics as they will color or melt the EP, layered it with soft yellow and then the doily die cut from Cheery Lynn Designs and I believe Stacy sells those also.  Added some bling from Prima and Michaels. I have tried every vellum glue, tape etc, etc, etc on the market and today I used clear silicone adhesive and smeared it on the back of the vellum, then when I layered it on the circle I turned it over and pressed with my fingers and finally a vellum glue that does NOT show thru. I love it!!!  Cheap at Walmart in the glue and paint section, they use it for aquariums.

17 comments:

shulsart said...

Beautiful, Karen. The Dresden Circle looks fabulous layered on the doily die. You are right, that paper is just luscious. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Sweet Stamps blog.

Jean McKenzie said...

Karen, your card is beautiful!! I have that paper and just love it. You have those lovely soft colours on the embossed circle and that looks gorgeous on the doiley! Love it all!!

jonim52 said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

Sandy Fredrick said...

This card is gorgeous. I love the colors you used and the coloring on the Dresden Rose Circle is very nice. Thanks for using one of our stamps for your entry. Good Luck in our challenge at SweetStamps.com

ChristineCreations said...

I know - sometimes it's hard to use some of the papers because you have to cover parts up....this is so pretty Karen!

Jackie Randolph said...

Karen, Oh my goodness this is absolutely Gorgeous!! Beautiful work of art!! So glad you shared your card with us at Sweet Stamps challenge!

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Really beautiful! Love all the details. Thanks for entering the challenge at Sweet Stamps!

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Also...thanks for the glue tip! I'm going to try it.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Amazing card Karen!! Love the softness to it! I also really like the added flower and butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!!

Kendra

Tamara Morton said...

Amazing card, its so nice to see this gorgeous technique.. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stamps
Hugs
Tamara

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

This is gorgeous! I love your papers and color very much! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps! Good luck!!

Sandy Whalen said...

wow! love it ALL! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is just gorgeous!!! I love the soft colors and the paper is beautiful!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, sooo beautiful, Karen!!!! The embossing on vellum looks fabulous and I love the pretty colors, flower, and design!!!!

Lenoria said...

This is such a beautiful card! You did such a great job on the embossing on the vellum and thanks so much for the silicone glue tip. I don't use vellum very often because it is so hard to find something invisible to hold it.

dmbennett said...

Beautiful Card Karen. Love how you used the stamp and the layering with the doily die. And that gorgeous flower in the corner. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps and Good Luck.
Dawn B

Tamara Morton said...

Just wanted to come by and Congratulate you on winning our prize over on Sweet Stamps. I love your card such a lot of details..
Hugs
Tamara