Monday, August 29, 2011

Speedy the Cat challenge, Lace

Our challenge this week on Mark's finest papers is to use Lace on our card, I took some artistic liberty and used a
Cathedral lace frame die cut from Cheery Lynn.  The flourish is also from Cheery Lynn, fanciful flourish, the pink center die is a spellbinders.  The beautiful flowers are from Mark's finest and I think they are from a discontinued set, sorry!! I'm waiting for all my new sets to come and can't wait to play.  I colored the flowers with copics and cut them out to layer on the die cut.  Added some silk ribbon and a peel off border and it's done. Check out the DT and all the gorgeous inspiration on Mark's finest paper blog. 

7 comments:

Selma said...

This is such a beautiful card.

Designing with Debbie said...

Karen Very pretty card. I love the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.

Harriet Skelly said...

Karen your card is so beautiful - I love the Cheery Lynn dies! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is gorgeous Karen. Love those awesome die cuts and layers on this fabulous creation. Thank you for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Challenge this week. It is a pleasure to visit and see your work. We appreciate your support and hope you can play again next week. Good luck in the drawing.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Winnie and Patty said...

Karen--this is another beautiful card!!! I love your artistic liberty of the die cute doily! It's beautiful! And the flowers are absolutely gorgeous! Great job all the way around!!!! Thanks for playing with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, I envy you that beautiful lacy die cut! It is so very gorgeous. I'll bet you can't wait to play with your new stamps!! Have fun. :) And thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week. :)

SAMARA said...

Again, that die in the background is just a backdrop for the flowers which look 3D the way you have used them. I love the lace and the greenery. The flowers took SOME cutting!!!! and the coloring is fantastic.