Saturday, March 31, 2012

Our Daily Bread Designs, favorites

Before I get into the making of this card I want to give you the link that I got this inspiration from.  Linda's works of heart, her card is fabulous and much fancier than mine but it made me remember that I had these book dies in my stash and I forget to use them.  Our challenge this week on ODBD is pick a favorite set of their stamps and make a card with it.  Do you know how hard that was? I like them all but I have always loved this cross of Christ set and
Easter Blessings set.  I cut the dies out of white and gold mirror card, trimmed the white ones to fit inside the gold ones and gold embossed the saying and the crosses.  I used the Spellbinders cross dies to cut them out and edged them with an 18k gold pen. The fanciful flourish, olive branch  and flower and leaf are from Cheery Lynn designs.  The DP is K&Co and the pretty pale aqua card is from a Japanese linen paper. 

8 comments:

Sherry said...

soooo! pretty!!

Jean McKenzie said...

Karen, this is beautiful!!! Love love it!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Karen this is beautiful. I love these colors and your design is wonderful.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Karen, this is so incredibly beautiful! I love the gold edges on the die cut, the layered cross, and your colors are gorgeous! Blessings, Angie

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Karen you never cease to amaze me with your creations! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in thise weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Rosemary said...

this is just gorgeous, karen! love how you used the cross from "cross of christ"!! thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty!! I love the blue and all the details and the cross with the flowers is simply gorgeous!!
Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
Hugs,
Chris