Saturday, May 19, 2012

Our Daily Bread Design sketch challenge

The challenge on Our Daily Bread Design is this sketch.  I chose to use the stamp set, The mighty Sea for this challenge.  I used some paper from GCD studio Ella Blue collection, added some brown and blue strips and ran the blue through the dot cuttlebug.  I took a Swedish spring oval from Cheery Lynn Designs, then I did the same die in white and cut out the center part to stamp on.  I stamped the image in Memento black and colored with copics. I added a bow and some bling pearls from Prima.  I edged all the papers in a gold pen to finish this card.  I'm also using this for the Split Coast Monthly Fan Club Challenge Life is like a box of chocolates by using the browns and beige.

5 comments:

NancyD said...

Very nice scene, Karen. Love the beach grass and water. Looks like a nice sketch, I may have to take a dip in the challenge myself. NancyD

kathi17 said...

So pretty Karen. I love the way your stamp coloring matches the colors in the strips so perfectly.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Karen!! I love the colors and all the sparkle with your gorgeous coloring!! Awesome design! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
Hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

GORGEOUS take on the sketch Karen!!! Wowzers I'm loving your coloring!!! Beautifully designed card!

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the sketch, Karen!! love how you framed up your perfectly colored scene! thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!