Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Guest Designer for Cheery Lynn, Borders and Edgers

I am so excited and honored to be the guest designer today for Cheery Lynn.    I started this card with with a 6" square and used the silver French Flair die for the shape of the card.  I then used the same die on another 6"square and laid the  Carnivale Border and  Ribbon Eyelet Border  on the square and taped them down. Then I used the silver French Flair and cut it out.  That way the borders are cut perfectly along the sides as well.  By adding this extra piece over the top of the card you hide the fold along the top also.   I wanted just a few things on this card so the borders remained the focal point.  I added the Lace Corner Deco D under the Cuties 2 flowers on the bottom corner.  The peel off saying is on the Sentiment 2 frame and the pretty butterflies are from the Small Exotic Butterflies.  I added some gems to finish this card.  Make sure you hop over to Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog and see the beautiful creations and join in the fun, you may even win some free dies!!!!!

6 comments:

Marisa Job said...

What a gorgeous card!! Congratulations on being the guest designer for Cheery Lynn!! Love their dies!!

SAMARA said...

I just love the bottom doily look here Karen!

lindagrady said...

Congrats, Karen, on being chosen as a Guest Designer. What a beautiful card, too. Just love the lacy layered look.

Joann said...

Congrats Karen on being a GD. Great card, I just love the carnival border die as well

Leanne ... said...

Wow!!!! Karen
Congrands on being a guest designer at Cherry Lynn designs!!!
What a nice honor.

Well done. Love your card.
Blessings...Leanne

Sylvia said...

Karen,

I've just ordered the Ribbon Eyelet Border and I'm so happy to see you have used it here.

Sylvia
www.smdgreetings.blogspot.ca